Loaded with fresh summer tomatoes and guacamole, these burgers are a different spin on the health contentious turkey burger. I have mixed feelings about mixing the cheese into the burger but the beauty of cooking is adapting flavors, textures and presentation.
Serve these with spicy torilla chips, a black bean salad or cheesy corn on the cob!
Chicken Guacamole Burgers, from What’s Gabby Cooking
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 burger buns, toasted
- sour cream
- sliced red onions
- 1 cup guacamole, homemade or store bought
- Prepare an indoor or outdoor grill over medium heat.
- Transfer the ground chicken to a medium bowl. Add in the onion, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, cumin, paprika, cheddar cheese, salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Using your hands, incorporate everything together. Make sure everything is evenly incorporated without over mixing the ground chicken.
- Form the mixture into four 1/2″-thick patties. Grill burgers over medium heat until cooked through, 5-7 minutes per side.
- Serve each patty in a burger bun topped with guacamole and sour cream and any additional toppings needed.