As my flowers begin to bloom, I’m itching to add more color to my menus. This hearty salad, from What’s Gabby Cooking, is full of brights colors from an array of roasted sweet potato and beets plus fresh avocado and grape tomatoes. What’s missing from the photo is delicious grilled salmon and olive oil slathered grilled olive bread.
I see this on your Mother’s Day menus in the future!
- 3 California Sweetpotatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 3-4 heads Romaine lettuce, chopped, ¾ inch ribbons
- 4 cooked beets
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 ripe avocado, medium dice
- 1 cup canned chickpeas
- 4 6-ounce salmon filets
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Garlic, Minced
- 2 teaspoons Shallots, Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Grainy Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 2 teaspoons Dried Parsley
- ½ teaspoons Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoons Kosher Salt
- ¼ cups Red Wine Vinegar
- 1-¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Finely Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Toss the cubed sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 25 minutes, stirring once, until golden and softened. Let cool.
- In 4 bowls, arrange equal amounts of the lettuce and top with piles of the sweet potatoes, beets, cherry tomatoes, avocados and chickpeas. Lay a piece of salmon on top of each salad. Toss with vinaigrette as needed.
- Season the salmon filets with salt and pepper on both sides. Grill on a hot grill pan for 3-4 minutes on each side until just slightly pink in the center. Remove and set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in medium bowl and whisk until everything is incorporated.