I spent my weekend with the stove and the oven on. WHAT? This was a big mistake on the past couple of brutally hot days! However the jalapeno-cheddar biscuit and cinnamon roll recipes coming up this week MAY have been worth the sweating. So, stay tuned if you’re looking for some super summery baking ideas.
But before we all officially melt, here is a little salad concoction I whipped together last week after a 100+ degree workout on the Downtown Greenway! Summery corn (so sweet you don’t even have to cook it) plus frozen edamame, salty feta cheese, candy-like grape tomatoes and some bacon. Some red onion and fresh herb vinaigrette gives it a nice bite too.
This salad is full of crunch, summertime sweetness and hints of salt and smoke from the feta and bacon. It was a entree salad for me but could also be a great side dish for a BBQ! Dig in!
Summer Corn and Edamame Salad
- a heaping handful of salad greens of your choice
- 2 ears of fresh corn, with corn cut off
- 1 cup-ish, frozen edamame, boiled until tender
- 3 slices bacon, cooked until crispy
- 1/4 cup red onion sliced
- small handful of super sweet grape tomatoes, halved
- hard boiled egg, garnish
- 1/4 cup, feta cheese, crumbled
- your favorite herby vinaigrette, I love lemon!
- lots of ground pepper!
Combine all ingredients except egg and dressing. Toss with dressing, hit it with some pepper and feta – and a hard boiled egg for garnish. Dig in.