If you are looking for a new dinner salad idea, I’ve got a new one for you!! This grilled broccoli is an incredibly hearty salad with crunchy bites of almonds, broccoli and onion. Plus greens, grilled lemon vinaigrette and salty feta cheese. This could be a light diner – or side dish with grilled meats or seafood.
Leftovers are great cold the next day for lunch – or throw them in hot pasta for a delicious next day supper!
It’s a recipe I’ll totally make again on Mendenhall.
Grilled Broccoli and Feta Salad
- 2 small heads of broccoli, thick stalks trimmed, thickly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ lemons, cut into halves
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar, or to taste
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ cup coarsely chopped mint and flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups, baby arugula
- 1/2 cup Greek feta, crumbled
- To serve:slivered almonds
Bring a char-grill pan or barbecue to high heat. Drizzle broccoli with olive oil, season to taste and grill, turning occasionally, until charred and tender (8-10 minutes). Set aside. Grill lemon halves, turning occasionally, until charred and softened (6-8 minutes), then set aside.
Squeeze the juice from one of the lemons into a bowl, add to juice along with extra-virgin olive oil, vinegar and garlic, and whisk to combine. Season to taste and set aside.
Coarsely the broccoli and combine in a bowl with mint, parsley, onion, arugula and feta, season to taste and toss to combine. Drizzle with dressing to taste and toss again to coat.
Scatter with almonds and serve with charred lemon.