This weekend I kicked off summer with my annual rose wine party. The tradition is simple: I invite a fun group of friends over and ask everyone to bring a bottle of rose wine, I prepare a delicious meal and outdoor setting. The results typically conclude with much debauchery, a major chance of hangovers and a slight risk of regrets (none of note in 2015). Undoubtedly, always memorable events.
This year I prepared Bon Appetit’s June cover – Ralph Lauren’s Double Burger. As you can see in the photo, it’s pretty incredible. A heavy helping of homemade special sauce, a grilled slab of beef chuck and think cut bacon plus the summer’s best tomato. They were delicious and perfect for a picnic table dinner. And, soaked up plenty of rose.
Save this one for a perfect summer party.
BA’s Double Ralph Lauren Burger, Bon Appetit Magazine
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup ketchup (preferably Heinz
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cornichons
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce (preferably Tabasco)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds ground beef chuck (20% fat)
- Kosher salt
- 8 ounces cheddar , thinly sliced
- 8 sesame buns, toasted
- 16 slices bacon, cooked
- Green leaf lettuce, sliced tomato, sliced red onion, and sliced pickles