Are you planning a romantic meal for a snowy Valentines Day tomorrow? Here is an exceptional treat to spice up your night. Nothing says “Olive You” like toast smeared with thick ricotta cheese and salty olives and pistachios. Use this recipe as a starter or a part of the meal. With good red wine, of course!
This crostini is bright green, tangy, spicy and savory with the balence of creamy cheese. I couldn’t get enoughs and it will become a regular treat for guests or single nights at home.
Crostini with Ricotta, Olive and Pistachio
- 3/4 cup ricotta, drained in a sieve over night
- 1/4 cup, chopped pistachio
- 1/4 cup, Castelvetravo olives (they are super green and less salty)
- 1/4 cup, good olive oil
- 2 tablespoons, chopped parsley
- 2 anchovies, minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon, orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of red chili flake
- 4 thick sliced country bread, toasted
Drain the ricotta over night in a sieve over night. This will make it thick and rich. And, season it a little with salt and pepper.
Combine everything else (except the bread) and stir together. Taste for seasoning.
Toast the bread in the broiler with a brush of olive oil. Smear with ricotta and top with olive mixture. Serve immediately.