I’m back from a nice getaway in Asheville for my dear friend Melissa’s wedding. She and Damon tied the knot on Saturday at the beautiful Biltmore Estate. It was a really beautiful wedding full of friends, love and laughter. I could not be happier for them.
We added a couple extra days to the Asheville adventure to enjoy the scenery and downtown. We rented a fantastic apartment close to downtown that was just a short walk to great food and drinks. Here are a few of my recommendations for your next trip – however Asheville is FULL of options!
- Beers and boiled peanuts at Wicked Weed Brewery
- Tapas at Curate (get the
- Great bagels and coffee at City Bakery
- An apartment retreat through airbnb – complete with kitchen, porch, hospitality and backyard chickens.
- A nice meal at Chestnut (great Spanish octopus and caramel tart!)
- Bourbon and fried brussels sprouts at Seven Sows Bourbon and Larder