Looking for another variation on the chicken breast? Here is a good recipe for weekend grilling. This is an adaptation on Bon Appetit’s recipe for Citrus-Marinated Chicken Thighs. They use chicken thighs and cook them in the oven. I’ll be saving that recipe for another season when grilling isn’t an option.
I added some asian chili oil to my marinade to spice the recipe up. This is completely optional.
Now, go get your grill on.
Grilled Citrus and Cilantro Chicken, inspired by Bon Appetit’s Citrus-Marinated Chicken Thighs
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, leaves and tender stems only
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts
Pulse cilantro, garlic, citrus zests, citrus juices, soy sauce, oil, salt, and remaining scallions in a food processor or blender until a coarse purée forms. Set aside 1/4 cup marinade; place remaining marinade in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, seal bag, and turn to coat. Chill several hours or over night.
Grill chicken and serve with reserved marinade and cilantro garnish!