You know what’s hard to stomach? Eating nachos while watching Beyonce shake it at the Super Bowl Halftime Show. Just kidding. Actually, despite the guilt – these Fresh Loaded are incredibly delicious! I made these loaded nachos in less than 30 minutes while in a rush to a Super Bowl Party this Sunday night.
I mixed together a quick fresh salsa, browned fresh chorizo and layered shredded sharp cheddar cheese and black beans in between falafel chips (you could use corn chips too!). Layer everything but the salsa, avocado and sour cream in a large casserole dish – bake for about 20 minutes in a 400 degree oven to melt the cheese and heat through – top with fresh toppings and they are ready to go!
These nachos were a great addition to the Super Bowl party with delicious turkey chili and dark chocolate for dessert.
So, back to the lighter fare (leftover salsa for salmon tacos!) this week – while everyone is trying to shake off the comfort food pounds and look like Beyonce! Save this one for a night by the TV with friends and cold beer!
Fresh Loaded Nachos!
- 1 bag, Falafel Chips
- 2 or 3 cups, freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 fresh chorizo links, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can, black beans drained
- fresh salsa, recipe below!
- 1 avocado, chopped
Fresh Salsa, mix it all together and taste for seasoning!
- 4 or 5 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 2 scallions, sliced thinly
- 1 jalapeno, corred, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- i handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon, olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons adobo sauce, from canned chipotles in adobo
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste