Here’s another super simple recipe that can be made at the last minute. And, now that citrus is coming to full season – it’s a perfect timing! With that said – I’m short on time! Enjoy the recipe! It’s fresh and delicious!
Roasted Salmon with Grapefruit and Basil Relish
- 2 6 ounce pieces of salmon
- 1 red grapefruit, segmented
- 1/2 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. On a roasting pan, place salmon and lightly drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for about 12 to 15 minutes – depending on how you like your fish!
Segment grapefruit. Add shallot, basil, lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
I’m wondering what to serve with this – couscous springs to mind, but a bit dry, no?
I served the salmon with a cranberry almond quinoa! Not dry – delish!