Saturday, September 29th is one of my favorite days of the year – Elsewhere’s annual fundraiser and party extravaganza. Many of you have joined me in the past – and many have remarked in jealousy for missing it. This year’s theme is SPIRIT and the Elsewhere team are transforming the building into three floors of live music, Table16 soul food, singing, dancing, delectable spirits, revelry and elation, sixth senses and absolutely wonderful people (that’s you). And, check out this piece on infused vodka!
Elsewhere has had another extraordinary season – hosting a team of talented artists from across the globe who have transformed our living library, launched a successful after-school program for teens, secured over $250,000 in Kresge Foundation/Warhol Foundation/Tannenbaum-Sternberger Foundation grants to restore 606 & 608 South Elm for years to come, created endless partnerships including a NC Arts Council SMART grant with the United Arts Council of Greensboro – and challenging and leveraging the usual (and unusual) liveliness of Greensboro. I believe these tangibles and intangibles are only the tip of the iceberg. Elsewhere gives me a great sense of pride in calling Greensboro home and I’m so excited about their success in putting us on the globe for creativity and innovation.
Needless to say, we have much to celebrate and I hope you’ll join me on Saturday, September 29th at Elsewhere to do so! Tickets are very reasonable at $25 for members or $35 for non-members. You can purchase tickets here! Also, consider a sponsorship if you feel the SPIRIT!
- $25 | Spirit ticket (Elsewhere Members)
- $35 | Spirit ticket
- $50 | Spirit ticket + Season Membership
- $100 | 2 Spirit tickets + Family Membership
- $250 | Enlivens downtown through public events (2 tickets)
- $500 | Provides learning platforms for local youth (4 tickets)
- $1000 | Brings global artists to Greensboro (6 tickets)
- $2500 | Supports programs for public creativity (8 tickets)
- $5000 | Builds a habitable, accessible Elsewhere (infinite)