This weekend I hosted a group of ten new friends this weekend at the Greensboro Children’s Museum Edible Schoolyard. This class was a part of the Museum’s Green Acres Gala auction this Spring. I was excited when my friend Jim King won the item because I knew he would bring a fun crew to class. I designed this class with their fun, flexible and friendly spirit in mind. We cleaned whole red snapper in the Mud Cafe and dined under the stars in the Edible Schoolyard Barn. I’m not sure what was the most fun but I loved watching the ladies compete in a hand-whipped cream challenge before dessert.
I’ll be announcing the menu to my October Cooking Class this week – so stay tuned! Here is the full menu from Saturday!
Off Mendenhall Cooking Class for the King’s Crew
- Fresh Artichokes with Lemon Garlic Butter
- Homemade Pesto with Local Bread
- Pasta with Fresh Artichokes, Arugula and Lemon
- Stuffed Tomatoes with Goat Cheese
- Whole Red Snapper Baked in Salt
- Summer Bread Pudding with Rum Whipped Cream