My coworker Judy has made this salad a couple of times for the office. I had been very skeptical of the idea of adding salt to watermelon – but Judy proved me wrong! This combination is refreshing, unique and terribly delicious. I highly advise you make this before the tomato and watermelon season is over!
Watermelon, Tomato and Cucumber Salad from Southern Living Magazine
- 1 large tomatoes, cut into 1 inch wedges
- 2 pounds watermelon, cut into 1 inch wedges
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into large chunks
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced
Assembly: Genty toss tomatoes, watermelon, cucumber and onion together. Combine vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Pour vinaigrette over salad. Will sit for up to 2 hours in the fridge.